MAGIC KEY #5 — Great Picture Books Leave Page-turning Breadcrumbs for the Child to Discover.
* the rhythm of text that implies a surprise on the next page
* a question that is asked, then answered in a surprising way after the page-turn
* a joke whose punchline is revealed on the next page
* a problem that gets bigger and bigger
* a complication that is shown only through the illustrations, making the reader aware of something the character doesn’t know
During the webinar, Laura will give you concrete steps to create a page-turner of a picture book. Just by incorporating this concept into your next picture book manuscript, you’ll gain a big edge over other manuscripts vying for an editor’s attention.
* The 7 magic keys to a memorable picture book.* How to incorporate each key into your own writing.* How to use these keys to develop your unique voice.
* How to use the 7 keys to give your story an all-important “hook”.
* A Blueprint that you can use again and again to create original, compelling and magical picture books.
After 90 fun minutes of learning, you’ll have a huge edge over the competition, and have a clear, easy-to-follow Blueprint for picture book success.